5 benefits of continuous staff training in the workplaceRegular training in the workplace is not just about building up the skills within a business in an effort to improve a company’s bottom line (although this is an obvious perk); it’s also about a lifelong education ethos that will satisfy the natural curiosity innate to the character of all human beings. Companies are driven by people – employees, who want to learn and will feel valued members of a team if companies choose to invest in them, which will, in turn, grow your bottom line. So not only is continuous staff training a savvy business decision, it’s practically an ethical obligation.
Student-centred learning is the future. Technology is the tool to make this happen – Learnbrite ResearchTake a look at these top five benefits (hinged on the aforementioned points) that make an investment in long-term training essential rather than optional:
- The industry is constantly changing – and businesses need to keep up to avoid becoming irrelevant in their industry. In order to adapt to a market that is not static, ongoing training will ensure that staff skills and knowledge are up-to-date; also ensuring that your business is functioning in compliance with industry regulations linked to law and data as well as genre-specific governance.
- Technology is constantly changing – and ongoing training will ensure that employees are always up-to-date with the latest developments adopted in your business, saturating them with the skills it will take to use the new technology to its fullest potential, enabling them to do their jobs well.
- Identify weaknesses and skill gaps – in the market and within a business’s existing workforce by engaging in regular training programmes. These areas can then be rectified before becoming problematic.
- Career advancement – will incentivize employees to learn and work to their full potential. It makes logical sense that the better one is at one’s job, the greater the chance of promotion. With regular opportunities for training, not only will employees bring more to the table (so to speak) but staff can also become eligible for internal promotions. By investing in the people who make your business tick, you will motivate them to do good work, increasing productivity and job satisfaction, too.
- New talent – will be attracted to businesses that are progressive, innovative and attentive to the welfare of their staff. Continuous training will feed the ambition of a talented employee, whose drive to succeed will, ultimately, add to the overall productivity of your business. If you can stimulate, advance and retain your staff, your business will prosper.
Interestingly, in spite of the obvious advantages of continuous staff training, many businesses remain unconvinced – mainly because of the cost and resource required for the implementation of ongoing training. This is a valid concern and yet 87% of the millennial generation believe that professional development is important in a job while 59% value opportunities to learn and grow, and take it into account when choosing to apply to a company. Like it or not, it seems that continuous staff training should be a norm in business, not an exception.Virtual Reality (VR) is a progressive platform being used more and more by businesses to successfully train employees. It mimics real-life situations, simplifies complex scenarios, makes training both enjoyable and entertaining, and is suitable for many different learning styles. With such a wide range of uses for Virtual Reality training across industries, it seems certain that this technology will prove to be significant in the future and could transform the way employees learn and businesses develop talent. It will involve a cost to your business but the long-term benefits make it entirely worthwhile. Read more about how some industries are adopting VR in staff training. Explore VR ready software, book a FREE demo with one of our highly experienced team members. The Learnbrite Team Sources: Saxonsgroup.com – “The Top 10 Benefits Of Ongoing Staff Training And Development” Efrontlearning.com – “A winning philosophy’s perks: The Benefits of Continuous Training”